Skip to main content
Google Apps for Education
Clarkson has chosen to migrate email and calendaring services to Google Apps for Education as a replacement for the current Microsoft Exchange environment. Why?
- More robust, modern feature-set for both email and calendar
- Availability of chat and video conferencing abilities natively within the application
- Unlimited mailbox size
- Lower administrative overhead
- Pilot Implementation (May - June 2015)
During this phase IT staff members and a small group of invited faculty, staff, and students have migrated to Google Apps. This pilot group tested Clarkson's connection to and configuration of Google Apps and gained first-hand experience with migrating to and using Google Apps in day-to-day work life.
- Invited Beta (Jul 2015)
During this phase a group of invited faculty, staff and student "power-users" migrated to Google Apps. This group broadened the testing of Google Apps and provided additional feedback to OIT staff that helped to shape the migration processes and documentation/training materials produced for the campus.
- Final Student Migration (3 August 2015)
During this phase, all students will be migrated to Google Apps
- Faculty and Staff Opt-In (10 August - 21 September 2015)
During this phase, faculty and staff may choose to migrate at any time by contacting the IT HelpDesk
- Final Faculty and Staff Migration (21 September 2015)
At this point, all remaining faculty and staff will be migrated