Echo: Teaching Assistants
We've outlined what a TA can and cannot do here: https://admin.echo360.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035035452-User-Roles-Capabilities-and-Limitations
Copied the relevant section below:
Teaching Assistants CANNOT:
- View or export student analytic data; teaching assistants cannot see the Analytics tab for the section.
- View polling responses outside of the classroom; teaching assistants cannot see the Polling tab for the section. Teaching assistants can see responses for each slide IN the classroom, but these are not associated with individual students
- Control any section feature settings; teaching assistants cannot see the Settings tab
- Enroll or remove users from the section; these features reside on the Settings tab
- Create or control section Access links; this feature resides on the Settings tab
- Launch Ad Hoc captures for the section using the Start Capture/Universal Capture button (teaching assistants do not see the button)
- Delete classes or collections of classes
- Remove media from a class (if they do not own it; see Limitations)
The Section and Class management tasks teaching assistants can perform may include:
- Create, edit, and group classes into collections in a section; teaching assistants cannot delete classes
- Publish content to classes in a section
- Add captions to a capture or video by manually uploading a file (performed on the right side of the Content Details page)
- Set class-published content to be Available or Unavailable to students, or configure date-based availability for the published item.
- View content that is "unavailable" to students (either due to availability settings being explicitly set or because the video/capture does not yet have closed captions)
- Delete Questions or Responses posted by students or other instructors (you can always edit or delete your own entries)
- Create and publish presentations to classes (including creating interactive activity slides for students to respond to)
- Control Presentations in the classroom, including hiding/unhiding slides from students, and Activity slide functions such as opening/closing the polling, showing/hiding responses, and showing/hiding the correct answer.
Teaching Assistants may also be able to perform the following on content they do NOT own, simply by virtue of being an teaching assistant in the section. Note that some of these capabilities are determined by the Section > Settings > Features toggle settings, which can be controlled by an Instructor or Administrator: