Skip to main content

OM 8.1.11 Accident and Injury

About This Policy

Effective Date: July 1987
Last Updated: July 2011
Responsible University Office: Human Resources
Responsible University Administrator: Chief Inclusion and Human Resources Officer

Policy Contact:

Human Resources


In cases of serious injury on campus, call the Potsdam Rescue Squad at 265-2121 or call 911.

  1. Worker's Compensation Report. For each work-related injury, an employee must complete and forward to the Human Resources Office an Employer's Report of Injury Form, C-2, as required by law. Before the employee returns to work, a return to work slip from the doctor must be forwarded to the Human Resources Office. 
  2. Non-Occupational Disability Report. When an employee or supervisor learns of any injury or sickness, from causes not connected with their jobs, they should notify the Human Resources Office so that the notice and proof of claim for disability benefits can be forwarded to the employee for completion and claim for benefits processed.

back to top


July 1987

Editorial Revision July 1989

Editorial Revision May 2008

Section Renumbered July 2011

back to top